my scallions are still doing great even though the weather is getting colder, so i picked a bunch to make this steamed scallion sausage twisted rolls. i am going to miss using my homegrown scallion during the winter months!
300 克 中筋面粉
150-160 ml 温水/牛奶
5 克 酵母
2 大勺/30 克 糖
1 大勺 油
1 根 火腿肠 （切碎）
1 大碗 葱花 (加一点点的小苏打拌匀)
1/2 小勺 盐
1/4 小勺 胡椒粉
1 小勺 香油/麻油
300 gm all purpose flour (i used organic unbleached flour）
150-160 ml lukewarm water/milk
5 g active dry yeast
2 tbsp/30 gm castor/ powdered sugar
1 tbsp oil
1 link cooked sausage （chopped）
2 cups of chopped scallions (mix with a little bit of baking powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper powder
a pinch of five spice powder
1 tsp of sesame oil
1. add sugar and yeast to lukewarm water/milk until it becomes frosty.
2. place flour with the frosted milk/water in a bread machine and knead into a soft dough, add 1 tbsp of oil and knead until smooth again.
3. cover the dough and let it rise for 45 minutes or until double its size.
4. knead the dough and roll into a thin rectangular shape about 1-2 mm in thickness. evenly sprinkle salt, pepper powder and five spice powder over the dough.
5. spread some sesame oil, place chopped sausage and scallion over the dough, leave about 1/2 inch at the edges.
6. roll the dough up to form a long roll, cut the roll into 12 equal parts, about 1 inch in width.
7. place one portion of the roll on top of another, use a bamboo stick to press in the middle of the rolls, pick the rolls up and lightly pull from each end to lengthen the dough.
8. place index finger underneath the rolls and wrap the rolls around the ringer and press to seal at the bottom of finger to form a twisted roll. place the roll on the table and lightly tucks the edges underneath the roll to make it looks neat.
9. repeat steps to all the rolls, let the rolls rest for about 20 minutes. steam at high steam in a steamer for 15 minutes. turn the steamer off and let the rolls rest in steamer for 5 minutes before removing it from the steamer.